Cezars Kitchen is committed to protecting and improving the environment. As a food service provider we try out best to lower our energy consumption in the following categories: food preparation, lighting and refrigeration. All our kitchens are committed to efficiency and sustainability, thus reducing our footprint on the environment. Ultimately, every food service provider should take the responsibility for implementing their own efficiency and sustainability program seriously to protect the environment and to support their community they serve.
To reduce resource consumption, we invite energy efficiency experts into our kitchens to conduct Energy Audits. The team completes a full review of water, electricity and gas consumption. Based on their observations and findings, we make behavior and/or equipment changes to make our kitchens even more environmentally friendly.
Practices in place:
- During periods of long breaks, kitchens are expected to combine food products into one or two refrigerated unit. The remaining refrigerated units are to be cleaned, unplugged with the door left open.
- Water faucets are never left unattended and running without a purpose.
- Conduct periodic leak inspections and report any leakage to building maintenance.
- Operate dishwashers only when full, otherwise hand wash if appropriate.
- Refrigeration seals/gaskets are to be inspected for cracks and deformities. Damaged gaskets which are allowing the escape of cool air will be replaced immediately.
- Storage room lights are to be turned off between periods of non-activity.
- At schools, staff encourage and educate children on food portioning to limit leftovers and wastage.
- Separate waste into specific bins for the purpose of recycling.
- Set defrost cycle to 20 minutes, 4 times per day.
- Use reusable ware, plates, bento boxes, silverware and beverage cups are reusable.
- Recycle fryer oil. At a number of our kitchens which support a fryer, we partner with a local company which recycles the oil into biodiesel.
- Whenever possible, we partner with our client to reduce the volume of waste sent to the landfill with composting. Our ability to manage a composting program in part relies on the local jurisdiction, client’s preference and the amount of space available.
- Coffee mug program. At a number of our locations, we have added recyclable mugs at the coffee station and encourage customers to use and return our mugs over using disposable, single use cups.
- Vending machines are set on timers to power-down when the area is vacant to reduce energy consumption. We also use the newest models which are the most energy efficient.